Thursday, April 16, 2015

Camping at Lost Dutchman


Here's the photo story of our trip to Lost Dutchman.  Lots of photos of the Superstitions. The high point in the photo above isThe Flatiron, and I can't figure out exactly why it is called that.

There is a four-mile mountain biking trail that follows along the foot of the mountains.  I went on it and found it wasn't super difficult. Two or three times the trail took a hard turn and I put a foot down to steady myself, but it was negotiable even though it was all uphill.  Here I am starting the trail, looking up at the mountain.


The moment I realized I was heading back downhill again was the moment when I realized my front tire was flat. Here I am just before I made that discovery.


That was a big disappointment because a) I wanted to complete the trail and b) I was looking ahead to doing it again the next day.  Maybe next time - with new tube and tire.  The thorns that punctured the inner tube when Brad was riding have clearly also punctured the tire - and are probably still there, ergo causing this flat.

I walked back to our campsite, about a mile away...

The link here, The Pictorial View, goes to the Google Story, created by them.  It lacks the complimentary verbal story, but nonetheless, it was easy to grab the URL and show the photos this way. Click the link to view.


No comments:

Post a Comment